Part-time & Full-time Performance Coach
- Instructing, motivating, and assisting clients in a safe, legal, moral, ethical manner to achieve their goals.
- Conducting on-site athletic metric gathering and physical evaluations.
- Updating training plans and re-evaluating clients as needed to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Tracking and updating class rosters to a mobile site
- Taking phone calls and providing accurate information.
- Maintaining constant communication with athletes and parents to ensure goals are being set and accomplished.
- Being present for facility events and promotions.
- Representing the Tactic Sports Performance brand at trade shows and community engagements.
- Participating in program planning and development, as well as design and carry out related research.
- Participating in staff meetings and continuing education.
- Maintain professional credentials.
Candidates applying for this position should be able to lift 50 pounds unassisted repeatedly throughout the workday. Also, the physical requirements of this job require frequent walking around and demonstrating and assisting with exercise movements; bending, stretching, lifting, pushing, pulling, and squatting are activities performed daily. Must be able to demonstrate drills, movements, and lifts with a high level of skill.
- A minimum of two years of strength coaching experience or be working as a Graduate Assistant in college is preferred.
- BA/BS Kinesiology or Sports Science or related degree.
- Currently hold industry certification, preferably NSCA-CSCS.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in the development of exercise prescription
- Be able to lead and instruct groups of up to 15 athletes.
- Must have an approachable demeanor and high energy.
- A solid foundation of coaching sprint technique, plyometrics, change of direction, and acceleration/deceleration is a priority.
- Master’s Degree in Kinesiology, Sports Science, Rehabilitation, or related field.
- Excellent presentation skills in both small and large group settings
- Strong customer service skills were servicing the “client” is a top priority.
- Energy and passion for helping others achieve their personal goals
- Must be able to work independently with little daily supervision
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience teaching group athletic classes with an emphasis on helping improve technique and ability
We are an equal opportunity employer Tactic Sports Performance provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Tactic Sports Performance complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of work, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Tactic Sports Performance expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Tactic Sports Performance’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.